Cold Weather Car Tips
PREPARE YOUR VEHICLE FOR WINTER
What You Can Do
- Make sure you have a heavy-duty ice scraper and snow brush in your vehicle.
- Cold weather reduces tire pressure, so check tire pressure often. See your Owner’s Manual for directions and details.
- In severe winter temperatures, you may have to change the grade of your engine oil. Check your Owner’s Manual for the viscosity grade recommended for your vehicle’s engine.
- Check your wiper blades. Cold temperatures can make blades brittle, and ice on the windshield can cause nicks in the blades, decreasing performance.
- If you’re planning a trip, take a blanket, extra-warm clothing, a collapsible shovel, a bag of road salt and an extra bottle of windshield washer fluid.
- Put on snow tires if you live in major snow-belt areas. Check your Owner’s Manual for details and recommended practices.
What Lewis Motors can do for you
Even in climates that don’t see sub freezing temperatures or regular snow, the change of season is a great time to have your car looked over by one of our technicians who can inspect or check the following areas: